SiO2 Based Super Hydrophobic Nano Coating For Mineral Concrete & Stone — UHC-CS
UHC-CS is optimized for absorbent surfaces because of their formulation. The nano coating particles in UHC-CS are fined silicon dioxide (SiO2) molecules which are main compounds of glass.The special formula in the nano coating solution allows SiO2 molecules tightly touch to any mineral surfaces. Once mineral surface, such as concrete, natural stone, etc, is coated with UHC-CS it will be come water and oil resistant, which makes the coated very easy to clean, and always keep them dry. Due to the hardiness of SiO2 molecule it will turns coated surface into anti-scratch and anti-heat.
In general, the UHC-CS, nano coating spray can therefore be used as an invisible, water- and contamination-resistant, UV-stable coating of porous substrate surfaces, regardless of whether the surface is a natural stone such as sandstone, concrete, terracotta, clay brick or stone paneling.
Floor or wall coatings, building facades, functional terracotta or roof tiles are all in the scope of application for this product. Since nano-coatings only apply an ultra-thin coating on the inside of the pores, the substrates remain breathable after the coating – the perfect structural protection. The majority of the contamination is washed away by the rain.
Examples of use:
- Every type of porous surface with a mineral-based origin
- Lime stone
- Concrete blocks
- Porous granite / marble
- Roof tiles / clay
- Strong hydrophobic + oleophobics
- Strong non-stick properties
- Excellent easy-clean effect regarding deposits of air pollution
- No influence on the appearance of the substrate (Layer thickness: 100-150 nm)
- Excellent Hydro and Oleophobic properties
- Solvent-free and odourless
- Hardening at room temperature. No additional energy or UV light required.
- Pressure wash-resistant (50 – 60 bar)
- Excellent efficiency with low quantity consumption
- No colour infiltration to coated substrates.
- High temperature-resistance – UV-stable
- Absolute frost-resistance
Other positive Effects, such as e.g.
- No contamination can infiltrate the pore-structure through water.
- Easy cleaning
- Enduring impregnation enables very high freeze-thaw resistance and no cracking because of ice.
- very heavy reduction of moss and fungus growth
- Longer life-spans for substrates because of lowered cleaning cycles.
- Enduring protection for the surface structure.
- Weather damage prevention
Advantages of SiO2 Based Nano-Coating Product In Comparison With Competitive Products
Permanence and longevity:
- the UV-stability enables a lifetime performance of the coated surface – assuming it is not damaged by abrasion
Many competitive products like silicon oils or fluorocarbon technologies are slowly destroyed by sunlight
- (Abrasion resistance) – negligible on mineral surfaces due to the low abrasion resistance of the substrate
- The product is resistant to almost all standard household and industrial cleaners (with the exception of concentrated alkaline solution)
Many competitive products do not have this property and must be reapplied
Simple do-it-yourself application makes it suitable for end-customers as well:
- Industrial: Application using standard HVLP systems
- Manual: Application by wetting the surface (spraying or dipping)
The nano-coating is completely networked and hardened after 24 hours. The easy-to-clean effect can only be tested after this hardening phase
Special high-quality SiO2-coatings are excellent graffiti protection.
Nano-anti-graffiti coatings are graffiti-resistant coating formulas for application on porous silica-based substrates, such as sandstone, concrete, Terracotta and clay.
More information is available upon request.
1. How long is functionality guaranteed?
Since the coatings are UV-stable, functionality is possible over longer periods of time (beyond 10 years). Prerequisites are:
- -No abrasion
- -No use of strong chemicals for cleaning
This product is guaranteed for a function of 10 years
2. How does the coating handle abrasion or chemicals?
UHC-CS coatings are characterized by strong abrasion-and chemical-resistance.
Chemical resistance: pH value 1-12.5
Abrasion resistance on mineral substrates depend on the resistance of the substrate. Principle: If the surface is destroyed, the coating is also destroyed
3. What applications does Nano-Care recommend?
Facades, monument protection, bridges, concrete blocks, terra cotta, cobblestones, bathroom tiles
4. Is the coating food-safe?
Yes, as confirmed by an CBA certificate
5. How fast is the coating stable after the application?
The water resistance and abrasion and chemical resistance should first be tested after 24 hours complete dry since a post-crosslinking of the product takes place.
6. Does the coating impact the visual appearance?
No! Because of the small layer thickness (100 nanometers), there is no impact on visual appearance or feel of the substrate
7. Can I apply a new wall color to the facade after a nano-coating?
Yes. The hydrophobic properties impact the contact of the color on the wall but only slightly. We recommend applying the pain using a roller
8. Can the coating be reapplied?
Yes, in the case of damage e.g. through permanent abrasion, it can be reapplied like an initial application
9. How much is used per m²?
Between 30 and 200 ml per m² -depending on the absorbency of the substrate
10. What cleansers can be used to clean the substrate before application?
For mineral substrates, we do not recommend the use of cleansers. A thorough cleaning with a pressure washer (distance 30 cm) is however allowed.
11. What cleansers can be used to clean the substrate after application?
Here also only cleaning with a pressure washer
12. The beading effect is not working all of the sudden!
The coating is probably dirty –Dirt particles on the coating prevent beading –Just clean with a pressure washer and the effect will return
13. After applying to a mineral surface, there is no beading effect!
The surface was probably already treated with another product -> Check!
If the surface is a compressed mineral surface (non-porous), then the next higher quality sector of the product may need to be selected.
14. What are the main advantages of a nano-coating for mineral substrates compared to competitive products?
Permanence: UV stability, chemical resistance
15. Does the product protect mineral substrates from acids?
No! This is not possible with the current state of the art
16. Can a plastered or painted facade be coated?
In general: If the main component of the paint is mineral: yes!
If not: no!
17. Are the coating for mineral surfaces also available as a concentrate?
Yes! –This concentrate can be mixed with demineralized water –Done!
18. A coating for mineral substrates protects against what adhesions?
A coating for mineral substrates protects against deposits from air pollutants,
prevents the formation of mosses through hydrophobia. Large portions of dirt are washed offby rain –but a small percentage remains
19. Does the coating provide thermal insulation on house walls?
It was not generally developed for thermal insulation.
But the coating protects the wall from moisture, which reduces the
insulation degree of the wall.
Thus, the coating receives the natural insulation rate of the wall
20. How high is the contact angle of a drop on the coating?
The contact angle as a measure of hydrophobia is dependent on the coated substrate.
Example: Sandstone: between 125°and 134°