SiO2 Based Super Hydrophobic Coating Spray For Textile Fabric And Leathers — UHC-Tex
UHC-Tex, a silicon dioxide (SiO2) based super hydrophobic coating spray, is one of the best nano coating spray on the market. This innovative water repellent ultra hydrophobic nano coating spray solution is great for protecting almost any type of textile from water, dirt, contamination and stains – whilst remaining totally invisible! It will not affect the appearance, its ability to breath, its color or handle and is easy to maintain.
SiO2 based super hydrophobic coating is exceedingly water-resistant on outdoor materials; keeping them drier and longer to look like new. Oil, coffee and other frequent stains belong to the past, if the material is treated with our protective products.
Examples of use:
- Household textiles (pillows, furniture), carpets
- Paper, cardboard
- Strong hydrophobics and oleophobics
- Strong non-stick properties
- Excellent easy-clean effect for contamination and liquids
- Protection of fibres from the infiltration of dirt
- Food-safe (inert)
- Invisible to the human eye (coating thickness: 100-150 nm)
- Permanent (UV-stable, very resistant to abrasion)
- Temperature resistant
- Simple application (do-it-yourself)
- Washing and cleaning agent resistance
Advantages of SiO2 based nano coating products in comparison with competitive products
Permanence and longevity:
- the UV-stability enables functionality for a number of years, approximately the lifetime of the coated surface
Many competitive products are damaged slowly by sunlight
Abrasion-resistant easy-to-clean effect:
- a solid chemical connection with the substrate enables an excellent abrasion and washing machine-resistance – the coating adheres to the fibres until it is destroyed by external influences.
Many competitive products are not washing machine resistant.
Washing agent stability
- The product is washing powder -resistant
Many competitive products must be reapplied after cleaning textiles
Simple do-it-yourself application makes it suitable for end-customers as well:
- Industrial: Application using the standard HVLP systems.
- Manual: Application by wetting textiles (spraying or dipping)
The super hydrophobic coating is completely networked and hardened after 24 hours. The easy–clean effect can only be tested after this hardening period
1. How long is functionality guaranteed?
Since the coatings are UV-stable, functionality is possible over longer periods of time (beyond 10 years). Prerequisites are:
- -No abrasion (unlikely with textiles)
- -No use of strong chemicals for cleaning
Principle: If the fiber is damaged, the coating is also damaged
2. How does the coating handle detergents and is it machine washable?
Test result with conventional detergent (Tandil):
UHC-Tex: 40 ~ 60 washings (washing machine)
3. What applications does Nano-Care recommend?
Any type of textiles (cotton -silk -suede -synthetic threads, etc.)
4. Is the coating food-safe?
Yes, as confirmed by an CBA certificate
5. How fast is the coating stable after the application?
The water resistance is guaranteed after complete drying. Packaging/storage of the substrate can even be started right after application.
Abrasion and chemical resistance should first be tested after 24 hours since a post-crosslinking of the product takes place.
6. Does the coating impact the visual appearance or feel?
No! Because of the small layer thickness (100 nanometers), there is no impact on visual appearance or feel of the substrate.
7. Can I print on a textile after a nano-coating?
8. Can the coating be reapplied?
Yes, in the case of damage e.g. through permanent abrasion, it can be reapplied like an initial application.
9. How much is used per m²?
Between 25 ~ 100 ml per m², and 10 ml/m² per mm thickness of the textile
10. What cleansers can be used to clean the substrate after application?
11. The beading effect is not working all of the sudden!
Is there detergent residue on the textile after washing?
Tensides interfere with the beading effect -> swivel out with clean water
12. After applying to a textile, there is no beading effect!
Detergent residue probably prevented the adhesion of the textile coating on the thread. -> Rinse the washed textiles with clear water before coating
13. What are the main advantages of a nano-coating for textiles compared to competitive products?
Permanence: UV stability, washing machine and detergent resistance, breath-ability
14. Can a printed textile be coated?
15. Are the coatings for textiles also available as a concentrate?
Yes! –This concentrate can be mixed with demineralized water –Done!
16. A coating for textiles protects against what adhesion?
A super hydrophobic coating for textiles protects against moist contaminants. It also prevents the penetration of dirt into the threads and guarantees the easy dissolving of dirt particles